Sexting is the exchange of sexually explicit or nude pictures via electronic communications such as mobile phones or social media,
This means any messages sent including a photo that involves nudity, partial nudity, reveals genitalia or depicts someone performing a sexual act.
Why do people sext ?
According to Lim, we like to send racy, intimate photographs for three reasons.
- “The main reason people talk about s-e-x-ting is flirting — a flirtatious way of interacting, and it’s also something a bit different and enjoyable,”
- “Second, we send pictures to get positive feedback, or to receive compliments and lastly we send some to get some in return.”
- While this all seems like a little bit of fun, an increase in the distribution of private sexts forwarded on by people other than the initial sender has become problematic.
The rules of how to sext are simple:
- Don’t sext with a person you’ve never had actual sex with. Being a sexting pro means knowing what he likes and being familiar with his comfort level.
- Keep your texts concise. Short messages. Direct descriptions. You’re not writing a Harlequin romance novel.
- Autocorrect is not your friend. Texting that you want to “duck” will make his penis (or her vagina) want to start dating other vaginas.
- Start out with light, flirty texts, then work your way up to the steamy ones. Consider it digital foreplay.
Sexting examples :
1. START OUT SLOW
“Building sexual tension can make the interaction and anticipation even hotter,” says sex and relationship expert Rachel Needle, Psy.D. She offers these opening lines as a sexting example:
“You want them to have something to look forward to, so try to create some ambiguity and mystery,” says Needle. “They should have to use their imagination to fill in some blanks.” Some sexting examples:
3. LEAVE HIM HANGING—JUST A LITTLE
“Messages that beg to be responded to will keep the game escalating,” says Michele Lisenbury Christensen, the founder of HotLoveRevolution.com. Like this:
4. GIVE PLENTY OF FEEDBACK
“Like what your partner is saying? Does something stop you in your tracks? Tell them!” says Andy Duran of the Good Vibrations education department. “Your partner on the other end can’t see you and wants to know you’re into what they’re saying.” Positive reinforcement can be just the encouragement your sexting partner needs to keep it coming. (Pun intended!)
5. DO A SEXT STRIP TEASE :
Throughout the day, text your partner what you want to do to him—or, what you want him to do to you later that night,”At times, include a suggestive photo. The anticipation of getting it on can be as exciting as doing the deed.”
6. REMEMBER, A PICTURE’S WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS
“Though some might go for full-on crotch shots when it comes to sexting pics, never underestimate the seductive power of a suggestive photo,” says Duran. “A shot of the underwear you’re planning on wearing for your date or if you wrapped in a towel after the shower can be enough to tempt and tease your mate.”