What Speed Dating is all about?
How does Speed Dating Works ?
Is it successful or fun to do it?
Totally! You get to make snap judgements on people (we’re humans, we all love to judge and you know it), and you also get to meet a ton of interesting people you never would otherwise. Last week I went speed dating and I met two Australians who had only been in the country for five days, a soldier who finished his service in Afghanistan three days earlier, and a guy who works for Time Warner and was afraid I would hold that against him (I didn’t. Well. Maybe a little…).
- Meeting people face to face allows you to work out attraction and chemistry instantly (no sneaky old photos!).
- Online dating can be overwhelming! Too many options result in people being overly picky and discounting people who they would have liked if they met in real life.
- There is no obligation to chat online, but at speed dating events you must speak to everyone present and give them an equal chance, hence increasing the chance of success.
- It’s easier to lie online than face to face
- Hours of online dating with back and forth can result in a date which you realize after 5 minutes is not going to go anywhere.
Ready for a speed date ?
Don’t take it too seriously! It’s just an hour of your life. You know you’ve spent much more time than that on HowAboutWe looking for a date. Spend the time enjoying talking to new and interesting people, rather than wondering whether or not each person you meet is your soul mate. Contrary to what you might believe, you cannot tell that from five minutes. If it doesn’t work out? No big deal. Those were ten strangers. Try again with a completely different group of ten strangers. Who knows what will happen?