Don't like cities, but here is an important bit of information about them:
Cities are good for the environment. This is not a joke.
- People who live in cities use measurabley less natural resources than people who live in the countryside. Just think about costs for heating: It takes more energy per person to warm a 1-family home, than to warm a block. Why? Because your neighbours heat also warms up your flat a bit.
- people in cities care a lot more about the environment
- allmost all pro-environment movements are created by people from big cities
- allmost all environmentally friendly technology comes from big cities
- allmost all money spent on the care of the environment comes from big cities
- Cities are thus the primary driver for countries becoming environmentally friendly, once they have reached a certain wealth. We can see this in china right now (chinese cities have started a lot of pro-environment initiatives in the last decade)
All of the above is statistically collected data (e.g. scientific fact)